what we do
At Kuckelman Torline Kirkland we understand that each client and every case holds its own definition of success. Whether it’s going to trial or securing a negotiated resolution, we provide trusted and experienced counsel to meet our clients’ specific needs.
Our attorneys have secured more than $1.3 billion in verdicts and settlements for our clients, including more than $85 million in 2016 alone.
Select a practice area below to view our recent success:
Who We Are
Backed by years of experience in “Big Law,” our partners have a history deeply rooted in complex litigation. From this foundation, the team came together to create a different kind of firm. One that fights with an aggressive edge while layering in a collaborative ethos that fosters personal relationships and open communication.
- 22 Jun 2017James Kirkland Retained as General Counsel for Liberty, MO Development
- 6 Jun 2017KTK Supports "Washburn Day at the K"
- 25 May 2017KTK Welcomes Summer Clerk, Jennifer Salva
- 25 May 2017KTK Wins Court Approval of $65 Million Settlement
- 25 Apr 2017KTK scores $3.3M settlement in insurance broker liability case
- 21 Apr 2017James Kirkland Retained As Outside Counsel for LMG Ventures
- 24 Mar 2017Mike Crabb Appointed as Shareholder
- 20 Jan 2017KTK Settles First Amendment Violation Case
- 27 Jul 2016KTKL Welcomes 7th Attorney, Ben T. Friesen
- 14 Jul 2016KTK Obtains Large Settlement for Crash Victim
- 8 Jun 2016KTKL Welcomes Summer Clerks
- 3 Sep 2015KTKL Successfully Appeals Class Certification
- 29 Jun 2015Mike Kuckelman Celebrates 25 Years with the KBA
- 18 Jun 2015KTKL Welcomes Two Summer Clerks
- 2 Apr 2015KTKL Supports Junior Achievement
- 31 Mar 2015KTKL Supports Benedictine College
- 13 Mar 2015KTKL Settles Medical Malpractice Case
- 13 Mar 2015KTKL Settles Commercial Litigation Case
- 10 Feb 2015Mike Kuckelman Named Entrepreneur of the Year
- 1 Dec 2014KTKL settles personal injury case
- 12 Nov 2014Washburn University selects Kuckelman as Alumni Fellow
- 17 Oct 2014Torline and Crabb are "Super Lawyers"
- 11 Jun 2014KTKL firm attends Royals Game
- 11 Jun 2014Crabb named to 2014 Missouri & Kansas Rising Stars
- 25 Mar 2014KTKL Supports Reach Out and Read
- 21 Jan 2014KTKL Obtains Summary Judgment for its Client in a Kansas Water Rights Dispute
- 6 Dec 2013KTKL Welcomes Sixth Attorney, Michael T. Crabb
- 3 Dec 2013KTKL Settles Personal Injury Case against Cycleurope U.S.A. d/b/a Bianchi USA for $1 million
- 19 Nov 2013Branson airport lawsuit lands in Jackson County
- 24 Oct 2013Lewis named Best of the Bar 2013
- 18 Oct 2013Torline named "Best of the Bar"
- 26 Sep 2013Top 25 KC business stories of August 2013
- 16 Aug 2013KTKL Represents Branson Airport, LLC
- 7 Aug 2013KTKL Attorneys Successfully Defend Against a Motion to Dismiss Based on Spoliation
- 23 Jul 2013KTKL Attorneys Successfully Defend Against a Covenant not to Compete
- 22 May 2013KTKL celebrates first year as a firm
- 22 May 2013Big Toxic Tort Questions Asked, Answered and Won
- 22 May 2013KTKL has welcomed a 5th attorney to our team.
- 22 May 2013Michael Kuckelman appointed to the Washburn University Board of Trustees
- 6 Mar 2013Benefit for Reach Out and Read Kansas City
- 30 Jan 2013Michael Kuckelman and Kathryn Lewis are listed in top settlements of 2012
- 25 Jan 2013Kuckelman Torline Kirkland and Lewis file wrongful death lawsuit for death of local college student
- 14 Nov 2012Stephen J. Torline Makes Super Lawyers "Top Attorneys" List
- 14 Nov 2012Stephen J. Torline and Kathryn A. Lewis represent former SVP of health care management firm
- 12 Nov 2012Mike Kuckelman and Kathryn Lewis Recover Favorable Settlement for Client
- 8 Nov 2012KTKL Wins Summary Judgment for Agco Corporation
- 1 Nov 2012Kathryn Lewis in the Kansas City Business Journal
- 15 Oct 2012Stephen J. Torline Makes 2012 “Best of the Bar” List
- 5 Sep 2012Stephen J. Torline Named to 2012 Super Lawyers List
- 7 Aug 2012Sedgwick County Law Suits